First Steampunk cast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papaturner

papaturner

These are my first steampunk casts thanks to the guidance of reddwil on the steampunk Fred Wissen for great molds and Don Ward on casting bubble free.
Comments welcome and thanks for looking.BTW I did actually do the pouring:biggrin:

Attachments

• Img0146.jpg
    Img0146.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 361
  • Img0147.jpg
    Img0147.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 283
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

swcrawford

Very nicely done. If I may ask, where did you get the little cross. I've found small charms and things in the craft stores but they are always made of pot metal and simply can't be bent to conform to a tube. Try it cold and they crack and break. Try to heat them and they just melt.

BSea

WOW, what are you going to do for an encore? Those are great. I like the one on the left a bit better. But only a small bit.

Did you use brass tape? The reason I ask is that I just bought some copper tape & wondered if I should get any brass tape too.

papaturner

Very nicely done. If I may ask, where did you get the little cross. I've found small charms and things in the craft stores but they are always made of pot metal and simply can't be bent to conform to a tube. Try it cold and they crack and break. Try to heat them and they just melt.

Shawn, The crosses came from M Designs& collectibles. Thanks for the nind words.

papaturner

WOW, what are you going to do for an encore? Those are great. I like the one on the left a bit better. But only a small bit.

Did you use brass tape? The reason I ask is that I just bought some copper tape & wondered if I should get any brass tape too.

Thanks Bob. I used copper tape I haven`t run across any brassbut it might be worth a shot.

turncrazy43

Perry, great job on those pens and blanks. I'm going to have to try one of those.

OZturner

Absolutely Outstanding Pens, Perry.
Love the Selection of Materials, the Design and Exercution.
It is great to see you acknowledge, those who helped (or hindered) you, in the process.
Great Craftsmen All.
Brian.

Top Bottom