First Statesman Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from melogic

Status
Not open for further replies.

melogic

This is the first Statesman Fountain pen I've turned. I have it sold for $125.00. It is turned out of Ebony. The gentlemen that purchased this works for a local hospital. I just hope he likes it. Feel free to comment or critique.

20059131539_Statesman%20Fountain%20Ebony%20resized.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
BEautiful Mark... the fit looks dead. It looks like you just did a good polish on the wood with no additional finish other than maybe some wax... that is how I do all my ebony pens... the wood is oily enough that it will take a nice patina from general use...
I do think, IMHO, that you have underpriced yourself on this kit... but you do what the market will bear..
I would let the gentleman know that you gave him a special price and to please not tell others what he paid.. that way if you get a bunch of repeat business from some of those rich doctors you can get even for your medical payments.. [}:)][;)]

Randy_

Very nice looking pen, Mark!!

Personally, I would be a little reluctant to sell high dollar ebony pens with the rep that the wood has for cracking. I imagine a person who spent that kind of money and had the wood crack after a couple of months would be a little unhappy. I am curious about how sellers deal with this problem??

Do you make a pre-sale disclosure and place the risk with the buyer or do you offer to repair any pens that develop problems...at cost or for free??

melogic

Thanks for all of the tips and comments. I just received an e-mail from the guy and come to find out.........HE is the CEO of this hospital. He wants me to come to his office in the morning.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by melogic
<br />Thanks for all of the tips and comments. I just received an e-mail from the guy and come to find out.........HE is the CEO of this hospital. He wants me to come to his office in the morning.
KACHING
Definately make sure he knows he got a special price....

melogic

I delivered this pen today and he fell in love with it. So much so, he called me later today to let me know that he was in need of another pen for in the morning. I went back to his office where he purchased another Statesman rollerball. He then asked me how long it would take to get him 26 Statesman for his staff for Christmas and how much they would cost. He said he really wants to push a lot of business my way.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by melogic
<br />I delivered this pen today and he fell in love with it. So much so, he called me later today to let me know that he was in need of another pen for in the morning. I went back to his office where he purchased another Statesman rollerball. He then asked me how long it would take to get him 26 Statesman for his staff for Christmas and how much they would cost. He said he really wants to push a lot of business my way.

Repeating myself from prior post...
<b>KATCHING</b>
Way to go... your off to a great start with this customer...

chigdon

Great news! Here is where it is hard to price. You can't give him a bulk price below $125 as that was already a 'special price'. At the same time you multiply that out and it is a nice little check.

I just love making pre-sold pens!

Gary Max

Your in the big time now----heck someday I hope to make a sale like that----keep up the great work. It's always good to here someone hitting the big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom