First Stateman and First Amboyna Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

Here is my first full size Statesman and my first Amboyna burl. Pen is Rhodium and Black Titanium - Amboyna is an awesome wood - this was the only piece I had - will be ordering more! 15 coats of CA- MM 12000, Huts Ultra and Ren Wax!

Comments and Critique welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 133
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Amboyna is an awesome stick, just wish they didn't want me to give up my right leg for it.

Fit-n-finish are spot on. Well done!!!

Scott (wavy) B

keithbyrd

Well amboyna is the most expensive wood on the planet. Do you have a black background you can shoot that pen with?
Yes I do. I am a rookie in this photo stuff. I will take some pictures with black and post. What is the advantage of doing that? I have a lot to learn in the picture taking arena!

edstreet

Different color backgrounds will bring out different points of the wood. It is how the human brain works. There are numerous details that you can show, like a dark background will bring out the very dark areas of the wood and the rest will appear lighter.

Say you have a pen with a few yellow spots in it, you put it next to something yellow or a yellow background and those spots in the pen will be much bolder and stand out better.

Although with a darker background you may need stronger light.

This is why we have a band on pens, limited selection mind you in the kits but still the plating does the same effect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom