First Stars and Stripes. Need help...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rccrazybill

rccrazybill

This was my first stars and stripes , I had a problem filling the small gaps between the stripes. I used multiple layers of ca and blo , sanded and then used 2 layers of friction polish but there are small gaps. Any hints?? all but 2 stripes fit perfectly with no gaps. I was going to use hyperdermic needles to set thin CA in the gaps (now) do you think that will work or should i just leave it alone. I mean it looks great , I may be just being picky.
tn_stars%201.jpg
tn_stars%202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Reb

yes-you needed to find the stripes that fit. I ran into the same thing, found that each stripe only fit in one slot.
randy

kirkfranks

I am assuming it is in the top picture? From the photo I don't see much of a problem.
I would say it should sell fine so if it bugs you too much to keep for your own pen sell is so you can buy another kit..:)

arjudy

How did you glue up the stripes? (With dilute wood glue or CA?)I made one of these and did not have a problem with the stripes. Your might want to contact Ken at Kallenshaan Woods and ask his opinion.

rccrazybill

I set the stars and stripes with diluted wood glue and that worked very well. The stripes all fit perfectly except for 2 . I pulled them out and put them in for about 1/2 hour until i came to the conclusion those 2 stripes were there to screw me up. I would have rather them be a bit oversized then I could have fixed that quick. I have another one to make , this time i'm going to contact Ken if the stripes don't exactly fit. CS USA carries them now but I doubt they would know anything about the fit.;)

Top Bottom