First Snake Skin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

I just got my order of snakeskin blanks and barons today from Bill (along with and nice figured mesquite blank extra... Thanks Bill!). So I naturally could not wait to do my very first snakeskin pen! Here it is... Sorry about the photography, but it's the best I have right now.
Critiques are welcome on the pen, the photography I know sux, you don't have to say it...

2005102623626_snakerockweb.jpg

200510262375_snakerock1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Dave,
Don't ya just love those snake skin pens. They are really gorgeous and yours is right up there. One of my favorites. Now, you must learn to cast your own blanks...or not. The pen is really nice. Congratulations on your first skin pen. Looking forward to seeing more of them
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Woodnknots

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Dave,
Don't ya just love those snake skin pens. They are really gorgeous and yours is right up there. One of my favorites. Now, you must learn to cast your own blanks...or not. The pen is really nice. Congratulations on your first skin pen. Looking forward to seeing more of them
Do a good turn daily!
Don
I'm going to use up my other blank today for a sterling silver fountain pen. I might consider casting my own blanks someday, but I'm not really one for turning acrylics, that is until I turned this pen. Rattle snake skin may just be my achilles heel when it comes to acrylics. It IS pretty pricey to make one, when you consider the cost of blanks and kits for a really nice one. BTW, can anyone tell me what they are asking for in the snake skin arena? I am considering asking $150 for the titanium roller ball and maybe the same or a little more the sterling silver fountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom