First sierra click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxwell_smart007

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
This is my first Sierra click pen...didn't realize the blanks had to be longer - just about wrecked this one before i decided to see if the tube fit in the hole (I drill them, then cut it off on the bandsaw)...

Fiance's already laid claim to this one!

Andrew

2008127213937_DSCF3237.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
It works really well...I'm surprised, actually!

It also takes two different types of ink refill - the standard Parker, and a uniball one that comes with more varieties of ink...

There's a press-on adaptor to make the parker work, and they give you a spare in case you lose it. Overall, it's a very nice kit, and no harder to assemble than the regular Sierra!

Andrew

jhs494

Nice pen Andrew. Thank you for sharing it with us. My son wanted to try one for his "Friend" for valentines day and I was a little curious about the assembly of it compared to the standard Sierra.
You have answered my questions.

Again very nice pen.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Oh, one other thing. If anyone's going to make a Sierra click, make sure you drill a hole in your press block for when you attach the coupler to the opposite end of the clicker, save the little silver pieces (they extend the refill to the right length), and if you're careful when cutting to size, you can JUST BARELY get two Sierra click pens out of one acrylic blank!

Andrew

IPD_Mrs

That blank is fantastic looking - is it magenta or more purple than that?

Oh, one tip - you might want to try a little different angle on your photo. The way it is set right now your nib is very dark and you almost can't tell there is a color difference, and at the clicker end it makes it look like the pen is pretty undercut (too large at the top fitting) which I am guessing it probably isn't. I know that with many Sierra's they have some tendency to look that way because of the roundness at the top - so I try to photo them a little different angles so you can see how nice they REALLY are... and that is a really pretty combination!!!!

Linda

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
You're right, Linda - it's not too large at the top fitting in person...I haven't taken the time to really experiment with photography, as I'm still working on figuring out penturning...I'm running low on kits and blanks, though, so I'll likely have a lot more time to play around with photos soon! Hopefully, I'll figure it out! :)

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Sure has been cold this month, Jim! It seems to be a bit better in S.Ontario, judging from the weather reports...

We actually hit -55C (-60something F) with the windchill the other day...and they still didn't close schools up here. Unless the snow's blowing, nothing closes our schools!

Originally posted by maxwell_smart007

Sure has been cold this month, Jim! It seems to be a bit better in S.Ontario, judging from the weather reports...

We actually hit -55C (-60something F) with the windchill the other day...and they still didn't close schools up here. Unless the snow's blowing, nothing closes our schools!

I know that well Andrew, I grew up in Montreal where Winter IS a Season..

Southern Ontario is tropical weather zone compared to the rest of Canada..[:eek:)]

My Ex is from up near Thompson Manitoba, I spent a few Christmas's up there with -62F for days...I know the numbness and how fast it comes on, try that in a town with no water system, only individual well's...;)

opie

I turned six of the clicks this week. They are fantastic! There is a click sound obviously but it works great. As long as the parts inside the click mechanism hold up I can't see how a the consumer could mess it up really. The clicker is only slightly loose but not distracting. Just like Maxwell said you can make two pens out of one blank if your careful. Or, because the twist Sierra is shorter, you can make one of each from one blank with a ease. I have a show in April where I plan on introducing them. I will post about the results. I like em!

Top Bottom