First shot at a Churchill fountian pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Firefyter-emt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

This one was a bit of a pain in the rear, but all is well now. I messed up the cap final by leaving it on the brass insert and pressing it in like that. (I crushed the final in on the end! Be warned!) One of the fine members here was nice enough to send me one right out and it came in today! :D Then the wood box arrived, and the pen did not fit! I had to take the cap apart and take it down just a hair, although I thought it needed to come down a hair more anyway. This is not only the 1st Churchill I have turned, but the 1st acrylic blank as well. And just to top it off, I made the bushings to turn this on a CSUSA mandral. This pen is outfitted with a Schmidtt ink pump and includes 2 samples of ink in glass vials revieved through the sample program from www.peartreepens.com

** Please note, the ink in the bottles is from my ink stock, the bottles that James sends out only have enough for one pen fill. I wash the bottles and include a sample of black or blue ink with a FP now. The ink sample program is great, $2.95 for up to 4 samples mailed! But please, if you get samples and want to order a bottle, give James the sale and let him know... I would hate to lose this deal, I love being able to try an ink color before buying a full bottle!

1218061.jpg

I really wish this had a two tone nib on it, that would make the kit look so much better.. [V]
1218062.jpg

PS Jeff, I Am working on the final cap. Worst case I will buy a new kit to replace the end cap! ;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Looks quite nice. Although I didn't much care for this kit at first, I like it and one of my personal fountain pens is a sterling silver Churchill that came with a two-tone nib. Maybe I just got lucky.

Firefyter-emt

Thanks, I had bought this blank and the kit for my personal stash as well, but my supervisor called me and needed a fountian pen for someone as a Christmas present. He described what he needed and what the person was like and I knew I had a match already on order. I plan to make the next one in gold trim on a red acrylic blank I got from Woodturningz. The pen will be inked with Private Reserve "Burgandy Mist" ink.

reef12

That is a nice pen but as Gerry said don't like fountain pens per say.

Now I want to do a roller ball in this style.

Did you get it from AS??

BTW the Red will look killer i think

gerryr

Originally posted by reef12
<br />That is a nice pen but as Gerry said don't like fountain pens per say.

Now I want to do a roller ball in this style.

Did you get it from AS??

BTW the Red will look killer i think

You mis-read my post. I happen to love fountain pens. I just didn't like the Churchill at first, but now I like it quite a bit, although I like the FP version much better than the rollerball.

jeffj13

Lee,

Very nice looking pen. As you know, the Churchill fountain pen is my favorite fountain pen kit. I really like the look of the sterling silver.

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom