First Shell-Antler Combo 308 Cal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JWS Penworks

JWS Penworks

This is my first attempt at a Shell Casing - Antler Combination.

FirstShell-AntlerPen.jpg

The antler is from a spike buck that the new owner of the pen shot this winter. It is sanded 180, 220, 320, 400, 600, 0000 steel wool, grocery bag paper, then Micro meshed through 12,000. Mylands and then wax.

The new owner had a smile from ear to ear! :wink:

Thanks for looking!
John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rcd567

Looks fantastic. Questions...what caliber is that? What bushings did you use? What pen kit did you use? What tool to turn it? Fast or slow? Did I tell you that it looks great?

edit to say that I've got a nice piece of antler I'd like to do that with...but I'm just learning and hate being such a newb. :(

JWS Penworks

Looks fantastic. Questions...what caliber is that? What bushings did you use? What pen kit did you use? What tool to turn it? Fast or slow? Did I tell you that it looks great?

edit to say that I've got a nice piece of antler I'd like to do that with...but I'm just learning and hate being such a newb. :(
It's a 308 cal shell casing. I used the .570 bushing from a cigar pen kit and the bushing from a slimline kit. I used the clip and finial from a slimeline kit from WoodTurningz. I turned it with a spindle gouge and a skew at fast speed.

Thanks!
John

Top Bottom