First Segmented pens!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisN

ChrisN

A one piece gunmetal Trimline with maple outlined with cherry in a white oak blank; and a Wall Street 1 with random maple, cherry, white & red oak segments outlined with birch plywood and cherry and maple blocks.

I like one piece Slimline style pens! They show off a lot more of the blank, and they are easier to make. It's a win/win situation!:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_5096.jpg
    IMG_5096.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5092.jpg
    IMG_5092.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_5087.jpg
    IMG_5087.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_5085.jpg
    IMG_5085.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 145
Hey that segmenting is really good. The first one is pretty cool. It is not that easy to keep those wood pieces in place. The second is also good you have to keep the drill in the center when you drill them. You did good on both of these. Take a look at the cigar kits for your segmenting. They have lots of wood showing and the wood is very thick on them. Again great job on these.

robutacion

Hi Chris

I like particularly the first 2 pens, where you have done a very simple cut that gives a great effect when "filled" with something...! You used different colour wood with a thin wood lamination, that is very effective and pretty but simple. You could use a bit of acrylic on the filling, it may look good also...!

The only thing that I would prefer is, the thin wood lamination to meet at a sharp angle (same angle than the blank and filling cut) then the square and against each other (over-lapped), I reckon would show a great symmetry to the segment design, just my opinion, off-course...!:wink::wink::biggrin:

PS: The wood in the main blanks looks identical to a sample I just done a couple of days, 007.JPG

Cheers
George

Top Bottom