First Segmented Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tjkendall

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjkendall

Hope this reaches all of you well. It's the first day of the new year and so I decided to try something completely different. I tried my skills at a segmented pen. learned a lot.... that's the beauty of it right? I found some scrap blanks in my pen blank pile and just began to play around. The top is a combination of Purple heart, Padauk, H. Rosewood and Birdseye Maple. The bottom is again Birdseye Maple. Lastly the pin kit is gold.

Would appreciate your feedback. have a save New Year Turning...

2007122569_IMG%200122%20resize.jpg

20071225625_IMG%200127%20resize.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

I like your execution of the segmentation, but the contrast on the clip side looks better. I like to alternate light and dark, like the bottom pic.
If you're going to put two of the same darkness woods next to each other, they should probably be of highly contrasting colors. That's just my opinion. I'm very pattern oriented.
Rob

JudeA

Nice job But I have to agree with BigRob777 the two colors of the top pen are too close together in hue and a total contrast with the lower barrel. The 2nd pic is great good contrast. Both pens have excelent exuction. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom