2006121316286_IMG_2184.jpg

20061213163315_IMG_2198.jpg

Still trying to work on my photos.:(
Here's a little closer look.

20061213163730_IMG_2186.jpg

Thanks for looking. Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sandking

Beautiful. I would love to see some in process picks of the segments if you had them.

Also how did you make the walnut veneers? I want to do some segmented work, but I don't have a drum sander and almost sanded my thumbnail off last weekend with the belt sander.

tseger

Originally posted by sandking
<br />Beautiful. I would love to see some in process picks of the segments if you had them.

Also how did you make the walnut veneers?
Thanks. Sorry, I don't have any "in process" photos but I plan to start another similar to this and I'll try to get some. As for the veneers, it is a variety pack that I bought at woodcraft.

tseger

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Very nice, I think it may look even better without the gold trim rings.
I hadn't thought about it without the gold rings. Do you have to change anything to leave off the rings, or just leave them off? This is only about the third cigar I have made.

rtgleck

Very very nice looking pen. I like that Segmentation look that's shown up latley, Definatley going to have to make one like that for myself.

Skye

Honestly, I dont know. I would assume on the upper half it wouldent matter, what I didnt think of is the one of hte lower end, you cant get rid of.

tseger

Thanks fellas, I got the idea for this blank from a photo on this forum, then changed it a little bit. Man, I think I enjoy creating the blanks about as much as I do turning the pen. I just gotta get better at it.

tseger

Thanks for all the compliments. This pen will be a gift for a friend of mine for helping me sell my pens. He will receive it tomorrow. Hope he likes it.

tseger

Ken, i can't see the pic in your post.(Little red X). Could you try to re-post it because I can't seem to find that picture now. Whoever did the original, I'd like to give them a big thank you. Tim

tseger

Sorry, that's not the one I saw. But that is one amazing pen. I'm still looking for the other pic. If I find it, I will post it here. Tim

woodscavenger

So I log on and see this cool pen and think...hmmmm....looks familiar. I keep reading with a bigger grin on my face and was about to post my photo when you linked it for me. Glad to give you a little creative boost. I am sure I stole it from someone else. I love bocote as an accent wood. I had a large chunk for a game call and so I was able to cut some thin slices X-cut. Keep up the good work. These blanks are really not that difficult but they sure look cool.

tseger

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />So I log on and see this cool pen and think...hmmmm....looks familiar. I keep reading with a bigger grin on my face and was about to post my photo when you linked it for me. Glad to give you a little creative boost. I am sure I stole it from someone else.
Hey now, I didn't steal it, I just borrowed it for a little while[:D] Seriously though, Thanks for posting. I really liked your pen and I had been looking for something special for a friend, so I decided to try it. Thanks again for posting it. Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom