First Rifle Casing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cowchaser

cowchaser

First rifle casing pen and it actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Not having a bushing as a guide on the casing end messed with me a little. Oh and I learned the hard way that tripoli and brass do not get along well. Never crossed my mine it would leave black crud on my wheel and turn the brass green. Atleast I caught it quick. Had to polish the casing with brasso to remove it.

Made from Mesquite with a copper kit. No clip only because, well the kit didn't come with one. It had to 2 centerbands instead.

200842219444_pen3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Bushings? Wassat? :D Calipers are your best friend, Dustin. Once you get used to them you'll wonder how you ever did anything WITHOUT them!
Great job on #1, many more to come! How about one using the bullet?:D

cowchaser

Originally posted by rherrell

Bushings? Wassat? :D Calipers are your best friend, Dustin. Once you get used to them you'll wonder how you ever did anything WITHOUT them!
Great job on #1, many more to come! How about one using the bullet?:D

Calipers are on my list of stuff Harbor Freight HAS NOT SHIPPED. Sorry I am irritated with them. As far as the bullets ones. I am on a small penturners budget here and just can't really afford them right now. I don't drill my own. I was able to buy these from Gary Max and they are very nice and already tubed. Can't beat a deal like that.

Maybe if I would try and sell some of my stuff even just around town they would stop collecting around here and I could make a few dollars to buy more stuff.

Gary Max

Pen looks great----I hope to have more of these for sale next week ---I will work on getting a ad posted. I try and keep the cost down so you can afford them.

Top Bottom