First realistic cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JH Customs

JH Customs

So this is really my second attempt, because the first one flew across my shop in little pieces. This is the first finished one. I used stabilized maple burl and I address some stain before finishing to darken it up. I only did a little CA and left it with a matte finish. I used spray adhesive for the label and did not finish over is. I think it looks more realistic that way. We will see if it holds up. I think it turned out good but there are some changes I will make on the next one.

Attachments

• image-2349034770.jpg
    image-2349034770.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 407
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMayoIII

Nice job on the pen. I've wanted to try one of these for a while, just haven't found my round toit! How does it feel to write with? Seems like it would be a bit awkward/unbalanced. I like that the label wasn't finished over, that definitely adds to the realism of it.

JH Customs

It's not too terribly bad to write with. It wouldn't be a daily carry. More of a show piece on your desk to sign a paper every once in a while.

Dale Allen

Good job Jason. Wood choice is great.
One item of note, just a reminder for next time. If the cigar were smoked that far it would have been cut at the top.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Good job all around. The more you make the easier it gets but it has to be for fun (for me) cause it takes me "forever" to get it just right. Mind me asking what components were used?
WB

Top Bottom