First REAL kitless.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hendu3270

Hendu3270

This is my third kitless pen, but my first that included a traditional section. So in my mind it's sort of my first REAL kitless pen creation. It's turned from a carbon black PearlEX and red PearlEX tinted PR that I poured. The ends and section are a "dark matter" blank from Exotic Blanks, as are the roller nib and converter. The dark matter blank is an odd one. Obviously it's black, but it also has some clear swirling mixed throughout that lets you see into it a little. It's different but very interesting. This was also the first time I've tried a hidden clip and there wasn't much to it. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It's not perfect, but I'm considering it a success at this point. Now on to the next...and on my cheap wood lathe. For now...:biggrin:

Attachments

• First real kitless(1).jpg
    First real kitless(1).jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 289
  • First real kitless(2).jpg
    First real kitless(2).jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 305
  • First real kitless(3).jpg
    First real kitless(3).jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Great job on the pen, its conquering all the little steps that make a masterpiece. Looks great keep it up.

Hendu3270

Thank guys! Blew up 5 sections working on this one and then didn't realize I had turn the tenon for the body slightly too far down and had the body fully completed before I realized the cap just slid over the threads. Won't be making that mistake again. I had to pour a second blank to create a new body.

I should have put it on a white background I agree. I was taking pictures of several of my pipes in my collection that I'm selling on Ebay and didn't feel like changing the setup.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Oh and looking at the pics a little closer now, you can see the odd whitish colored whisps in the black end on the cap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom