First powder coating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

I finally opened up the powder coat machine I bought a few months ago today and gave it a try. You might ask why RED,the unit came with one jar of bright red and one jar flat black and I decided on red. Powder coating wasn't as hard as I had thought,I will buy some clear and wet black this week.
Sorry about the photo,the red is smooth but in the photo looks splotchy don't know why.
20075624957_pc.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
That reminds me of my highschool colors. Pure red like that is difficult to photograph for sure. I want to try poweder coating but will have to wait a few years till retirement. It would be kinda hard to get one back on this side of the ocean.

What did you use for the top? Looks like brass but I haven't seen a round shouldered brass cartridge before.

les-smith

Hey Roy,

Looks good. Put an OU or SOONERS on it and you've got a hundred dollar pen for sure.

OKLAHOMAN

Hank,Sorry I should have said on the first posting,the top is antler.Les now you've got me looking for chrimson powder!
Originally posted by leehljp
<br />That reminds me of my highschool colors. Pure red like that is difficult to photograph for sure. I want to try poweder coating but will have to wait a few years till retirement. It would be kinda hard to get one back on this side of the ocean.

What did you use for the top? Looks like brass but I haven't seen a round shouldered brass cartridge before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom