first posting of my work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jaygeedubya

jaygeedubya

done a number of pens now, been reluctant to post as I don't feel they're worthy...but must be something in the air today - finished my first cigar pen and figured what the ......

Also first time with Craft Coat finish (jury's still out...).

I've also thrown in my first two sierras (done a while ago) while I'm being brave.....

Not yet sold one, still giving away until I think they are good enough (my wife thinks they are, says I'm a perfectionist). Apologize for the photos, my phone....

Learning a lot from this site and you folks, thanks!!

jamie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaygeedubya

obviously not learned how to upload yet though.....let's try again.

Attachments

• cigar2.jpg
    cigar2.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 217
  • sierra.jpg
    sierra.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 249

Ed McDonnell

Hi Jamie - Looking forward to seeing your pen. Your pictures didn't make it though. Edit: Oops. I spoke too soon. There they are. Looks good.

Ed

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Jamie:

First stuff... VERY NICE! It will only get better from here (I lied...it will be 2 ahead and 1 back, but progress will be made)

You've got a nice start - I like what you have posted - Looking forward to more pictures.

ENJOY!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Just noticed your location...

I have tons of relatives in Hamilton, Kitchner, Dundas, Timmins.

Again, Welcome!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
They look good to me.
I've only used craft coat on one pen so far, but I really like the way it turned out. Much easier than CA (for me anyway).

JasonC

Nice work.

Keep up with the perfectionist mindset. I'm the same way and will spend A LOT of time to make sure the finish is what I want.

And you're right about the information here. I can get lost and spend hours reading and digesting the knowledge here.

OZturner

Jamie, those Pens are Great,
Don't give them all away, keep some to monitor your progress.
Keep practicing with the Photographs, background, lighting, prop's etc, until you find a combination that works, and that you are happy with.
Congratulations,
Brian.

plano_harry

I think they look good. Light gray paper as a plain background will probably give you the best results with your phone. Crop the pictures down to just bigger than the pen to get maximum display size. Keep up the good work. Most of us had to learn to take better pictures once we started turning because that is the only communication method we have in this hobby.

Dan Hintz

jay, Looks like you got the shape just right on that first pen (for my tastes, anyway)... enough beef to get a hold of it, but not so much it looks like Sir Mix-A-Lot wrote a song about it.

BSea

Those look good. And like most of us, you're probably too critical of your own work. And as Harry said, most of us become better photographers because of wanting to show off or pens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom