First post of some pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chris88

Chris88

Here are some of the pens I have made. I made some mistakes on some of them but it's a learning thing. And with a lot of help from this great forum. My next great venture is casting blanks. I am close to getting started with that. The one thing I am trying to cast is purple and gold the LSU tigers colors I would like to do one for my brother.
IMG_0955.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
You've got a nice little batch of pens there. I like the cigar pen in the center - the wood and acrylic look so well together.

Chris88

Thanks for the replies on that cigar pen I got that blank from Bear Tooth Woods. That one was one of the first pens I turned. I am very bad at identifying woods. I do a lot of smoke pork and ribs and one week end I was going to feed the smoker and noticed the grain on this one piece of wood. I guess you can say I am hooked now :biggrin:

Chris88

That's a pretty neat bunch of pens Chris.:):):)

You mention mistakes. Well that's all part of learning, and if you are your own most stringent criic you are bound to do well.

That's what my wife says I notice little things that other people probably will not even see. I think one of the biggest things I need to get is turing are sanding to the bushings. I don't notice it when the blanks are on the mandrel. To me it feels like the blank is right at the bushing. But once I put the pen together I can feel that they where not sanded all the way down. But that's a little thing I am having fun:)

Top Bottom