First post with a picture

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

This is my first attempt to post a pic. of one of my pens. I'm not a computer person so there's no telling how this might work out. This is a very small spoon cast on a background of the same thread used to wrap the eyes and handles on fishing rods. If this works out I'll post other pics of pens later. With that beingsaid I would like to thank eveyone who has posted their ideas, technics, and problems which I've learned a great deal. All comments welcome and have a great day.

Attachments

• Spoon on Thread Wrapped Background.jpg
    Spoon on Thread Wrapped Background.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 334
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very cool... Is that a "sierra" or "wall street II"? If it is, I'd suggest moving up to the WS III or Sierra Vista, which will make the pen components a bit bigger and thus the fatter pen (needed I assume to keep room for the spoon) won't look as big.

Great job casting! (LOL - I see that being a common reply for this one)

Kenny Durrant

I use kits from most all the big suppliers but I think it's a wallstreet. The plating peeled of and something was different because I tried to swap it out with another kit and it wouldn't interchange. That was the first one with a spoon so it sets in the "First One" box. Thanks for the upgrade suggestion on the kit because I have several fat pens for fear of turning too thin.

plantman

:confused::confused: Ken; I don't understand how the fish gets hooked after you cast it !! Great idea. Just a little chubby though. You could use a bigger pen. Jim S

Last edited:

juteck

I really like this concept. I've seen the flies cast, but I don't remember seeing an actual spoon cast before. Your casting looks good, and you did a great job eliminating the air bubbles. Consider this on different kits that give you more "meat" over the tube, and you'll be able to refine your shape a little more. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these!!

Very cool... Is that a "sierra" or "wall street II"? If it is, I'd suggest moving up to the WS III or Sierra Vista, which will make the pen components a bit bigger and thus the fatter pen (needed I assume to keep room for the spoon) won't look as big.

Great job casting! (LOL - I see that being a common reply for this one)

I just rec'd an email from Berea showing additional platings for the Sierra Vista (same as Wall Street III as already mentioned) --- here: Sierra Vista Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods

SDB777

Not bad at all....as said already, little chubby, but what can ya do.

Other then making a jig to hold the spoon and thinning it up on a belt sander to reduce the thickness. Not sure that could be done with the hooks though(but anything is possible)....

Scott (fishing store might carry 'em for you) B

Top Bottom