First Post Here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pfbarney

pfbarney

So this is my first post in the Show Off Forum. I had an entry in the Beginner's Contest (Buckeye Burl Euro) but that was anonymous. This is a Color Explosion Batch 83 I got from Bear Tooth Woods on a Chrome European kit. I really like the way this material polishes up to a nice soft shine. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. So far, the only people I have to ask about the quality are family and firends and they all think anything I do is amazing. :rolleyes: Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Color Explosion.jpg
    Color Explosion.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I really like your pen. Looks good to me. One thing you can do is take some pictures as close as you can at the highest resolution you can. Then when you look at them on your computer, zoom in as close as you can without getting any graining effect. Then you can really see how your finish is. I was really disappointing the 1st time I did this.

Another test is the simple fingernail test. Just slide your fingernail across where the blank meets the nib or centerband. If it catches, then your fit could be better. Using calipers will help get that gap down.

These will really help getting a better fit & finish. As an example, I gave my brother in law my 3rd pen about a year ago. I looked at it when we got together at Christmas. I told him I was going to make him a new pen, and not to tell anyone where he got the 1st one. He didn't know why until I showed him what to look for.

Top Bottom