First post here.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

I have been making pens for about 8 months now. I can see from some of your pens that I still have a lot of exploring to do. Here are a few of my pens. Larger images can be seen at my Etsy shop mikespenturningz but I didn't want to try to put the larger pictures here. Please check out my pens and give me feedback on them.

il_fullxfull.312460562.jpg

il_fullxfull.311531561.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ericd

Nice job on both pens. I particularly like the wood blank with the inlaid cross.

The top of the second pen appears to be slightly larger than the center band. Do you use a caliper or turn to bushings? A minor point in a very nice looking pen.

Well done
Eric

1080Wayne

Mike

Looks like you`ve done a lot of work in 8 months . The greatest improvement you could make to your pens would be to spend some time on lengthwise sanding of the barrels . There appears to be tool marks remaining on some of the wooden pens . It helps to look at a pen under different lighting conditions . Light coming in at a shallow angle usually is best at highlighting defects . Those of us who are particularly fussy use an 8-10x loupe to assist our aging eyes . If you want to see the ultimate in what can be done in terms of finish , check out posts by CharlesH in the Show off your pens forum . Keep at it !!

Jim Burr

Banned
Nice to meet ya Mike! A nice about IAP is that you always have something to look forward to. Plenty of room to grow! Nice work on your pens! Those shell blanks are tough!

To inlay the cross I hand cut the wood and the Mother of Pearl and inlay it with CA. I am not very experienced with the inlay but like doing it. I hope I get better at it with time and experience.

Top Bottom