First Polymer Clay Bic Pen and Venus Razor.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is my wife's second attempt at flowers. The bic was made using the same flowers as before but the razor uses what looks like 4-5 flowers and a butterfly. She arranged them on the tube and baked and I turned it on the lathe with a skew put around 8 coats of CA, sanded through all the plastic pads and polished.
All in all I think it turned out great. She needs to cut the slices thinner so the translucent is more see through and also keep the flowers from distorting so much. I think she is a clay addict like you and I are pen addicts.:biggrin:
IMG_5700.JPG
IMG_5702.JPG
IMG_5701.JPG
IMG_5705.JPG
IMG_5708.JPG

IMG_5700.JPG
IMG_5701.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

those are very nice! Im curious, did you use a tube on the bic pen? Naturally i would think you did, but remember, I have never delved into PC so I dont really truly know its limitations.

The tube for the pen is used. This is the first Bic pen we have done with clay and it stayed adhered to the pen tube. I am doing another one now but it did not stay stuck to the tube. I have some CA between the 2 parts but I don`t know if the glue will stick to the Bic tube or not.

clapiana

That ca should work fine and it works on brass tubes too

She is doing great and her passion is obvious in those nice pieces

From what I see it looks like thin cuts but the thinner the better the more you roll the flowers the more they get distorted

Regarding pm limitations it is a very flexible medium pretty much limited to ones imagination it's made of the same stuff as PVC piping I can only think of one I guess that being most of the clays have to be baked in a toaster oven to cure

Why a bic?

Last edited:
That ca should work fine and it works on brass tubes too

She is doing great and her passion is obvious in those nice pieces

From what I see it looks like thin cuts but the thinner the better the more you roll the flowers the more they get distorted

Regarding pm limitations it is a very flexible medium pretty much limited to ones imagination it's made of the same stuff as PVC piping I can only think of one I guess that being most of the clays have to be baked in a toaster oven to cure

Why a bic?
The CA did not stick to the Pc. She needs to try harder to keep the shapes of the flowers from stretch and distorting. We have done one pen (executive) from CSUA not my favorite kit by any stetch but it turned out good I think. She is just using the Bics for practice I suppose.
IMG_5698.JPG

Top Bottom