First Poly Resin Cast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ronin2024

ronin2024

After reading so many post and watching just as many U-tube video I finally decided to try casting my own blank. My first attempt I watched my cup of resin disintergrate in my Ultrasonic Cleaner. :eek: After cleaning up the big mess I tried again.

This time I didn't use the Ultrasonic and was able to cast a rod in a 1" pvc pipe. I liked the easy of the tube but when you make a two color blank you can't see what you are doing. So, I decided to make a mold out of silicone and made a mold for 3 blanks.

The attached photo is the final result of my first cast in the mold. I used a Wall Street II pen kit.

Attachments

• Fire Pen II 640.jpg
    Fire Pen II 640.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 239
  • Fire Pen.jpg
    Fire Pen.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Nice colors. Good job. Curious about the cup disintergrating. Was it a cup material issue or the fault of the ultrasonic cleaner?

renowb

Nice job! I like the color! The colors would POP more if taken on a different background. JMHO, But I really like the colors!

ronin2024

Nice colors. Good job. Curious about the cup disintergrating. Was it a cup material issue or the fault of the ultrasonic cleaner?

I think it was the cup. When I mixed my 3rd batch of resin I left it in the cup for about 4-5 min and I noticed it was leaking. I was able to put a 2nd cup under my 1st cup just as the bottom gave way.

Top Bottom