First plastic pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from D.Oliver

D.Oliver

This was an the first non-wood pen that I turned. It is a Inlace blank called Peacock on a Satin Pearl Euro/Designer. I took the first picture on the white paper and thought maybe the Satin Pearl parts blended with the white paper too much, so I took a second on a red folder.

Peacock 1.jpg

Peacock 2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks good Derek. I like the colors of that blank. A gray background would work. I THINK. Did you paint inside the blanks?

D.Oliver

Try correcting the White Balance and also using a Softbox. You'll get consistent results and accurate colors.
Cheers
PD

Do you correct white balance in the camera setting or the photo editing program?

Looks good Derek. I like the colors of that blank. A gray background would work. I THINK. Did you paint inside the blanks?

I think you're right. When I finally get around to building a light box, I'm going to use a setup similiar to the one Brooks803 posted. He used a grey backround also. I didn't paint the tubes. Should have I ?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
If you don't paint inside the blanks, SOMETIMES, the brass shows thru the acrylics on the ends of the blanks. Usually use white or black paint depends on the color of the blank and, the effect you want. Different colors can be used as well. Do a search on the foryum. There is great info on this subject.

Top Bottom