First pictures (be kind)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Andrew_K99

Andrew_K99

These aren't my first pens or kits but they're within the first 12 I have ever done. Tonight was the first night I was playing with taking pictures. I have the materials for a light tent but just balanced things for tonight; I wanted to get some pictures of the Harley Flame razor as it is for my first ever customer and I want to give it to him tomorrow. I hope he is happy with it.​

The first two pictures are the same one using Red Dino Bone gemstone and the third picture is Harley Flame acrylic.​

IMGP5355 - Copy.JPG IMGP5364 - Copy.JPG IMGP5392 - Copy.JPG

I will add more lighting next time (I only had it from the right this time) and I am in need of a tripod and think I'll have to manually focus them next time.​

Let me know what you think,
Andrew​

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

They look Very nice! The photos are also nice and clear. The one thing I would suggest is next time crop them a little closer and they will show up even better. :)

seamus7227

Of the three, the last one on the right is the best. And I'm with Lenny about cropping. give it a try. Otherwise, your pics are well done for a first timer!

moke

Andrew,
Your photos are well done, as are your razors. As Lenny said, crop them much closer next time. Their are several free versions of maniplative software. Get one and start "stompin" around in it to practice. You may want to increase the contrast just slightly too. This will make it "pop". Good job though....

Sylvanite

Andrew,

For fist photos, those look great. The exposure, focus, and color balance are spot-on. I think you're well on your way to excellent pictures. A little bit of tweaking yielded this:
HarleyRazorEdited.jpg

I just cropped, upped the high-end brights a little, raised the mid-tone contrast, lowered the shadow contrast slightly, increased the saturation to bring out the orange more, and sharpened.

Regards,
Eric

broitblat

I think the photos are good -- the lighting looks fine, but I agree about the cropping. The razors are also winners. I like the subtle curves and choice of materials.

-Barry

Andrew_K99

Andrew,

For fist photos, those look great. The exposure, focus, and color balance are spot-on. I think you're well on your way to excellent pictures. A little bit of tweaking yielded this:
View attachment 48244

I just cropped, upped the high-end brights a little, raised the mid-tone contrast, lowered the shadow contrast slightly, increased the saturation to bring out the orange more, and sharpened.

Regards,
Eric
Wow that looks great, what program are you using?

Andrew_K99

... what program are you using?
I used Photoshop Elements (version 8, but the same controls are present in most other versions as well). I've recently started doing a series of small Photoshop tutorials (in the Pen Photography section), and expect to be getting to these controls soon.

Regards,
Eric
Thanks for the information Eric, I'll make sure to look through your tutorials.

AK

PenPal

Andrew,

The two razors are the best, the pics clear as the rest is symantics and practice. the helpful suggestions are great from others.The third pic without cropping places the razor like in an ampitheatre gives immense space, freedom, IMHO never dismiss this as anything but desirable. All museums and art galleries, major buildings utilise vast ceilings, walls to display their masterpieces for a good reason.

Probably sounds provacative but taste and display is always going to be subjective. the bottom line is your work is excellent ,well shown, crisp, delightful shaping and to my mind very individual and worthwhile.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom