First pic posted.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from farisdayoff

farisdayoff

So I am still new and learning all the time, but I haven't posted a pic of anything I have made yet. This is just a slimline. I have much nicer stuff done. But I wanted to post this as a thank you to all of you out there and the wealth of knowledge i've gain from reading your posts.

This was a piece of flooring that my mothers boyfriend gave me. He owns a flooring company and saves me cutoffs from time to time. It was labeled as Asian Walnut, but I've read it could be Acacia. Anyway, the dark spots were fairly large voids, all the way to the brass. Had I not been a part of this forum I probably would have just cleaned the tube off and started over, but just last week I read a post about using coffee grounds and CA to fill the voids.

Worked like a charm and now this is one of my new favorites that I have done. Might just become one of my carry pens.

So thanks IAP! This place is pretty great.

Attachments

• IMG-20121016-00138.jpg
    IMG-20121016-00138.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 171

plantman

So I am still new and learning all the time, but I haven't posted a pic of anything I have made yet. This is just a slimline. I have much nicer stuff done. But I wanted to post this as a thank you to all of you out there and the wealth of knowledge i've gain from reading your posts.

This was a piece of flooring that my mothers boyfriend gave me. He owns a flooring company and saves me cutoffs from time to time. It was labeled as Asian Walnut, but I've read it could be Acacia. Anyway, the dark spots were fairly large voids, all the way to the brass. Had I not been a part of this forum I probably would have just cleaned the tube off and started over, but just last week I read a post about using coffee grounds and CA to fill the voids.

Worked like a charm and now this is one of my new favorites that I have done. Might just become one of my carry pens.

So thanks IAP! This place is pretty great.

:eek::eek: Was that decaf or regular coffee ?? If you have some grounds left over, you could mix in some water and make a stain to darken lite spots on your blanks also. Good thinking and use of information gained from this site. Oh, nice pen by the way !! Jim S

Top Bottom