First Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pastorbill1952

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still novice at this photo stuff but I hope you will make some comments to help. The crepe myrtle was beside my house and has fairly white complexion, wood was green so waiting to see if split. Friction finish only.

200532531231_Crepe%20Myrtle%20resize.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

swm6500

Hard to say exactly what it looks like Bill. I have a few pieces of Crepe Myrtle drying that I will turn eventually. I will probably dye mine since it is so plain.

WoodChucker

Bill, it's a little out of focus, are you using a tripod? Tell us a little about your setup and we may be able to help you.

WoodChucker

OK, we posted at the same time, not much you can do if your using a scanner. At least nothing I know of anyway. MAybe someone else will have an idea about that, sorry.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Your fit and alignment look good. Crepe myrtle is a little boring--kind of like American holly.

You might get your scanner to do a little better for you if you wrap a white pillowcase over the scanner cover. You can hold it in place tightly by securing it with clothespins or safety pins. That may reduces some of the multiple imaging and shadowing issues. It's worth a try before you think about more expensive solutions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom