First photo with a tent..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

I got a photo tent for Valentines day. So I tried it out on a piece of Ambrosia Maple, the only problem was that it was spalted and so I had Constant stabalize it. It turned very good, and I was once again impressed with his services. The pen is a Navigator from Woodcraft, with 1 coat of thin and 4 coats of Med. CA. Hope you like and please comment on the photo, I am working on them. Russell

Attachments

• IMG_2014.jpg
    IMG_2014.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2015.jpg
    IMG_2015.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 185
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Steve Busey

Dang, now your pictures are catching up with your pens in quality, Russell! Nice pen - the pictures make it look like it's got a lot of sparkle to it!

One thing I'd suggest with your pictures is to diffuse your light source (put a thin white cloth or paper between your light & subject, but don't create a fire hazard), and maybe add another light source to the side or rear (also diffused). That will help eliminate the extremes between shadows and highlights. Experiment with different color backgrounds that don't "take over" the image. Maybe we should have a pen photography demo at an upcoming meeting at Woodcraft.

Russell Eaton

Thanks Steve, The tent that I have does have the thin whit cloth on all three sides. It lt folds flat. I want to make a table in the man cave and put lights on all three sides. I just haven't had time yet. Look forward to seeing you at the local meeting, even if you come late. Russell

randyrls

Russell; Try to move the lights further away from the sides of the tent. This will dim the light, but make it more diffuse.

Overall, the photo is very good. The entire pen is in focus, and very detailed.

I went to a local cloth / sewing shop and purchased several squares of cloth in various colors You can get either solid colors or patterns, but the patterns should be subdued. Color on color patterns (like light blue on medium blue) seem to come out the best.

fernhills

Nice pen and nice photo. I am still working on my light box, i started just to lay the pen down and take picture from the top. Probaply next week i will try a different way. Carl

Top Bottom