First photo submission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from theidlemind

theidlemind

I think this is the first picture I have posted.
Critiques Please, on both the pen and the photo.
I have really been struggling with pen photography and if this works I have a lot of PENt up pens to post.
Anyhow, this is George. And the obligatory Cherry Tree.
He's smirking, he thinks it's funny:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Very nice David! You have been busy!! LOL!

I like the wrap on the tube with the casting.

The background doesn't do it for me though. The photo is good but red is usually considered an agressive color. Most like either black or white backgrounds. I am still working on my photo setup so my comments may be totally off!!

Great job though!

theidlemind

I tried and tried to use a white background but the pen kept coming out too dark. One o the IAP library suggestions was use a color background.
Red was the first thing I saw. Oops. I'll try a more neutral color soon.
Thanks for the comments!

76winger

I tried and tried to use a white background but the pen kept coming out too dark. One o the IAP library suggestions was use a color background.
Red was the first thing I saw. Oops. I'll try a more neutral color soon.
Thanks for the comments!

I tried black and white backgrounds and they worked OK, but I had to play around with the color balance and exposures to get the pen to look right, and then the backgrounds would end up a grayish white or a not-quite black. So I ended up with a medium gray that has been working pretty well for me since I tried it. YMMV

Buzzzz4

Very nice pen. make sure you wipe it down prior to photos to bring out the shine and eliminate finger oils. I as well was not to keen on the background. Very clear photo though which tells me you know what you are doing!

Top Bottom