First Photo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CountryPens

CountryPens

These are the first photos I have ever posted. The Sierra's were made with the White Oak from Jimm on this board. It actually comes from the Jack Daniels Whisky Barrels. I love working with this wood.

Any help with the photos is appreciated.

Lester
El Cajon, Ca.

Attachments

• IMG_0793 Post.jpg
    IMG_0793 Post.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0832 Post.jpg
    IMG_0832 Post.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0859 Post.jpg
    IMG_0859 Post.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimm1

Very Cool. Was I right about turning them? They smelled pretty good while turning, huh? I store my turned pens in a bag of sawdust or turning chips from the blanks. I also dilute some JD with some water and spray the certificate. Thank you for sharing.
Jim
PS: I'm digging the snakeskin. I haven't done one of these yet.

CountryPens

Yea Jim, you were right, I love the smell when working with this wood. Leaves no doubt where it came from.

That would be pretty exciting Fred - a rattler in a barrel. Ha!

Thanks for looking,
Lester

Nice looking pens...especially like the bullet pen. Is it powder coated or polished? Over here in Arizona we have a somewhat famous cemetery in Tomestone. You've probably seen or read this before, but if not the following may be of interest. Boot Hill
has several icons from the old west buried there, among them one Lester Moore. "Moore, Lester, "Here lies Lester Moore, Four slugs from a .44, No Les, no more", Row 6, A Wells Fargo agent at Naco, disputed with a man over a package.
A photo and additinal information can be found here: http://clantongang.com/oldwest/boothillgraveyard_graves.html

Have a great weekend and keep turning those nice pens...

CountryPens

No Coating

No Steve, I did not coat the brass. I plan to try Powder Coating later. I have actually been to Boot Hill and had my picture taken next the "Lester Moore" head stone. I had some fun with the young gal at the gift shop there when I showed her my Drivers License. Ha!

No Cindy, but you're right that would have made a GREAT story.

Thanks for you comments,
Lester

Top Bottom