First Perfect Fit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Upgrade gold, home stabilized (plexi/acetone) spalted Maple, CA finish. I think I may like this kit, but I'm not so sure about the plastic tranny. [xx(]

2005101344125_perfectUG_spalted_maple.jpg

BTW, I think the green is caused from the spalting bleeding during the stabilizing process, but I haven't seen it happen before. Maybe because I left a few of these in the solution for about 4 days. :D Thanks for taking the time to look and as always feel free to speak your mind.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Good looking pen, Billy! Gray-green mold is not at all unusual in spalted maple. That would be my guess. Nice pen stand. :) Get a little more directly above the pen and it will hardly show.

BigRob777

Billy,
I like it. I wish I had sent you some of my spalted maple burl already. I am sending it away to have it stabilized professionally. Thanks for the advice on stabilizing.
Rob

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Nice job on your first PF... as for the tranny, don't worry about it... I have sold a load of these, it was my second best seller last Christmas (I was not doing Baron/JrGents then)... and have not had one come back... I carried one myself for over a year and my buddy uses one every day in his office with no problems...

alamocdc

Thanks, all. I know what you mean, Mannie. The more I look at it and handle it, the more I like it. This may well become one of my more frequently turned pens. It is less expensive than the Olympia and Americana and I think it feels better. I have no intention of buying more of either of those. [xx(] The Perfect Fit is big enough to be comfortable and yet small enough to still be elegant. If I need anything smaller, I'll stick with a modified SL. [;)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Nice looking pen.
I wouldn't worry about the plastic tranny.
I have been turning them for a year and no problems.
They beat the POS trannys in the b companies American flat tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom