First pens sharing here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jimbes

Jimbes

These are not my first pens, just the first since joining the forum a few days ago. I've been turning pens since mid Sept, but have been turning bowls and hollow forms for a little more than 1.5 years. Here are 4 pens I turned a month or two ago. Chechen on top, 2 Cocobolo (I bought a board), and one Rosewood (of some sort) that someone gave me. I took this picture to show the difference in size of various pens I like to turn.

Jim

Just sure I'm gonna win some blanks by posting this. :) Curious, where do the prize blanks come from? Someone donate them?

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Josh@csusa

Excellent work! I love the figure in that Cocobolo. And a nice selection of pens sizes and styles too.

magpens

Yes, Jim ... people donate prizes ... some donate a BOB (box of blanks).

Pretty sure you're going to win one, are you ??

I'd say you have a pretty good chance !!!!

Last edited:

TonyL

Very nice. Wood looks even better (to me) when displayed next to more wood. Beautiful collection.

Jimbes

Thanks to all

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words. Funny about the Cocobolo. Wayne at Woodcraft in Loveland, CO and I were talking. I mentioned some of the Cocobolo boards he had. As I was buying one, I told him I was going to make some pens from it. He said "that would look really nice cut diagonally". I'd not even thought of that (as I'd only probably turned 3 pens by that time). So, though I LOVE the look of them (I've given my dad a pen/pencil set and 3 others away), I didn't realize I had something quite special. I did get some more Cocobolo, and hope to get similar results. I like the Chechen I got too. Actually, I should credit my wife. She's fantastic. We go to a lumber store and SHE wants to get all this exotic stuff. So I have a number of boards to make lots of pens from.

Jim

Jimbes

Yeah. That's not likely to happen. But, I'll be optimistic. I could use some different blanks.

Jim

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Yeah. That's not likely to happen. But, I'll be optimistic. I could use some different blanks.

Jim

PM me your address. Might be surprised!:)

jttheclockman

Jim nice pens and choice of woods. They all work well with the kits chosen. I like your positive attitude. That is how you get ahead in the world.

Top Bottom