First pens for 2007

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George7

Status
Not open for further replies.

George7

These are my first pens of the new year, as well as the first pens I have posted to this site. The lower pen is a 7mm European Roundtop in Mahogany. I'm fairly happy with it, The upper pen was supposed to be another roundtop, but I got a little clumsy with the skew and tore out a bit of the top of the lower barrel. I turned it back to the brass tube and added a small piece of cocobolo. I then changed bushing and made a modified slimline. It ends up being one of those pens that will never leave the house.

2007122836_Pens07.jpg

GBusardo

I like the wood bands George, I didn't think anyone else did though. Its a good thing to salvage a pen after an oops. Don't let it collect dust around the house. Next time one of older kids around the neighborhood does something a little special, like pass a driving test or a tough test in school, or whatever they are proud of, put the pen in a velvet sleeve and give it to them. My daughter is in college and her friends are always asking her to see if her dad can give them a pen. They always see the pen as something special, even if I can see the flaws and I always see the flaws [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom