First Pens of 2005

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kurt Aebi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Aebi

A friend of mine is going to take some of my pens back home to New York City to see if a couple of gallerys would be willing to put them on display for me. I figured, why not, ;et's see what hapens! I have made a couple of display boxes as well, but as we speak the Polyurethane is drying, so no picture until final assembly tonight.

They are from left to right!
Ash Burl Pen, Ash Burl Pencil, (2) Mahogany Pens, Spalted Maple Pen (Thanks Doug!), Poplar with Spalted Maple Centerband Pen, Grapevine with Walnut Centerband Pen, and Mesquite withlighter Mesquite Centerband Pen.

There will be (2) boxes made from Poplar. One with 2 slots for the Ash Burl Set and one with 1 slot for the Mesquite Pen. I'll post pictures once they are complete.

This sampling will be a "Test the Waters" to see what they like down there. My friend is a professional photographer and he was telling a couple of gallery owners about my pens and they wanted to see if they would fly, so I figured - can't hurt and maybe I can earn a little money to "Support the Habit" and all.

Thanks for lookin'.

2005110163919_First%20Pens%20of%202005%20sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Very nice pens, Kurt !

As far a selling in a gallery is concerned, it depends a lot on what they think would sell. So be patient, and work with the people at the gallery. Sometimes a little difference is all that is needed to make a big hit with the customers. So when they get your pens, ask for their comments.

Best wishes for your success !!

Kurt Aebi

Fred,

My friend seems to think that the little boxes that I make to go with the pens will be the difference maker. Check my photo gallery for examples.

Plus as the old saying goes - Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained - so what the hey! Why not give it a try.

Fred in NC

Kurt, I have seen your boxes before. They are very nice ! I am sure they will make a difference, especially in a gallery. Like I said, work closely with the gallery, it is worth it!

Kurt Aebi

Thanks for your support guys, I have to come up with a way to make the boxes a little quicker - I gotta make up some jigs & fixtures.

The photography artist fellow that will be my contact with the galleries has a house next door to my F-I-L and he has an old wood lathe at his NY house that he said I could have. He said it is old and needs a motor as well as cleaning up - he wasn't sure if it was a Rockwell or Delta, but those names stuck in his head. Maybe I'll get a decent bigger lathe out of the deal as well.

Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained! I'll keep ya posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom