First Pens!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Flyingwatchmaker

Well pen and stylus..

These will possibly be the only kits that I work on, the next pen I finish should be a kitless fountain pen using a Bock feed/nib...

These were also my first Alumilite casts, with the block I made for the stylus 70% clear to be able to see the ink on the fountain pens..

e810773a85654db4052e7d950fd00b81.jpg

016ea16d765fcf6defdb95e190d67f07.jpg

e63bcc7935323aa47105875ae4126f5e.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Great looking blanks. Now get rid of the wasp waist on the design. Stylus is prefect for someone to hold. Great thinking.

Thanks, it was my first time turning alumilite, and more wanted to see how transparent it got (or didn't) depending on the thickness, definitely not a design I'd repeat ;-)

I used the stylus as a prototype for the section/grip of the fountain pens I'll be making, and was a bit more comfortable turning the shapes into it. In reality it's quite short, and would be usable if it was twice the length.. things you realise in hindsight :)

Tom

Jgrden

Great looking blanks. Now get rid of the wasp waist on the design. Stylus is prefect for someone to hold. Great thinking.

Thanks, it was my first time turning alumilite, and more wanted to see how transparent it got (or didn't) depending on the thickness, definitely not a design I'd repeat ;-)

I used the stylus as a prototype for the section/grip of the fountain pens I'll be making, and was a bit more comfortable turning the shapes into it. In reality it's quite short, and would be usable if it was twice the length.. things you realise in hindsight :)

Tom

You're a good man Flyingwatchmaker. Say are you the one who started the phrase :time flies"?:laugh:

OZturner

Interesting Castings and Pens, Tom
Nice Fit and Finish.
I Applaud your decision to Eliminate the "Wasp Waist" for future Pens.

Your Next Batch of Blanks looks Excellent,
You mentioned that you may replicate the Shape of the Stylus, for the Grip of your Fountain Pens.
Could I suggest that you turn a Piece of wood to the size and Shape of the Pen you intend to make, and have a close review, examination and consideration of it prior to using your Cast Blank, and the Pen Components.
Just in case it is not what you really want.
That way it will have only cost you a piece of wood, and a small amount of Turning time.

Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:
Top Bottom