First Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Krudwig

Krudwig

Well I've finally got around to posting a couple of pictures of my first pens. I'm surprised at the learning curve here for pens and pencils. In fact I didn't even know how to put the transmission in the first one and so I messed it up. Anyway here are a pencil with a Brazilian agate inlay , a walnut slimline and a paduaka slimline I think. Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

If I had a nickel for the first transmission I did wrong(pressed too far in-then destroyed it trying to pull it back out)....well, I'd have a nickel for that one. I just look at it like, 'everyone needs a parts kit laying around minus the transmission'!

Slimlines are fun to learn on, not a terribly expensive kit and there are so many things to do with them. In fact, I often turn one just to do something different...it makes for a nice 'change'.

The celtic knots look pretty nice, did you do them?

The pen has a heavy on the wasp body, not exactly for me, but in some place those types of turnings sell great. The finishing needs a little practice, but doesn't just about everyone's(mine included). Keep them coming!!! Your hooked now!!!!!

Scott (a Christmas Story marathon...WOOHOO!!) B

Krudwig

Yes I did the knots it's a double Celtic . I' made these with my bandsaw and I've made others on the table saw with a sled but none have made it to a pen yet but soon I hope. The pencil is the first and only one so far it's just a learning experiment so far, lots of work to do yet!

Top Bottom