First pens in 1.5 yrs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kennosborne

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennosborne

Had a fire in my garage about a year and a half ago, it kind of put a halt on turning. Since then I have rebuilt the garage and have been doing some turning but had not gotten around to getting my pen supplies back. Just ordered some last week and here are the first 2.

This one is Pink Ivory with some woodburning. CA finish was a pain after not doing it for so long. It came out very smooth but there is once section with a bump that you can't see but can feel.

This one is going to be a mother's day present. It is holly colored with markers by my 4yr old daughter. The CA finish was cake on this one after the first whoop de do.

This is the proud little artist and the finished creation :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

Kenn,glad to see you back in the swing of things.
I'm very sorry about your loss.
I think the woodburning looks really cool.
And the one your daughter colored is just great,
Mom should be very pleased![:)]

its_virgil

Kenn,
Good to see you back in the shop! I trust you've kept up with the new kit offerings while your were on hiatus. I'll bet this must be your first sierra. Nice work on the pens as usual.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by kennosborne
<br />Had a fire in my garage about a year and a half ago, it kind of put a halt on turning. Since then I have rebuilt the garage and have been doing some turning but had not gotten around to getting my pen supplies back. Just ordered some last week and here are the first 2.

kennosborne

Thanks guys :) I have been wanting to do the woodburning one for awhile now. Been woodburning some tribal designs on the walking sticks I have been making and thought it would look cool on a pen. It's not as crisp as laser engraving but it turned out ok ... no pun intended [:D]

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Kenn,
Good to see you back in the shop! I trust you've kept up with the new kit offerings while your were on hiatus. I'll bet this must be your first sierra. Nice work on the pens as usual.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Yeah I've been lurking around for awhile keeping up to date. Yeah my first Sierra. I never looked and the instructions that came with the kit, being a man and all, and went to press fit the lower section in the barrel and thought something was wrong with the kit hahaha ... a few secs later I figured it out and felt like a real rookie [:D]

johncrane

l will echo on Don's words also Kenn sorry to here about the fire it must of been terrible too lose all your valuable things.nice too have you back and turning great pens. l also think Mums going to love your little girls art work its beautiful [:D]

Ken,
Also glad to see you back at the lathe and in fine forum(ha).
My goodness, your daughter has grown so much since I saw her at the Woodcraft freedom pen turning a few years ago.
Nice pens...great gift idea!!

JimGo

Kenn, WELCOME HOME! [:D] Great job on both pens - see, it's just like riding a bike, isn't it? Well not quite - it's much more addictive! Glad to see that you're getting everything in order. Please tell your daughter congratulations - she made one beautiful pen, and one that I'm sure will be cherished by her mother for the rest of her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom