First Pen or turning ever done.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Waggoner

Waggoner

This is my first attempt at a pen or wood turning ever. I don't think they look to bad for the first time. Please any advice is welcomed. Both were sanded to 1000 grit with a friction polish. Oh and no I am not a photographer so please excuse the pictures.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Pen-3.jpg
    Pen-3.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 267
  • Pen-4.jpg
    Pen-4.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Pen-5.jpg
    Pen-5.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 176
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Great start! Keep it up. You will find all kinds of info in the library here as well as a good bunch of people who don't mind answering questions and helping new pen turners get going.

OZturner

Great Firsts Waggoner.
Excellent Finish and Fit on the Blond Pen, though the shape makes it look like a "Plumb Bob".
The Darker one has a pleasing shape, and an interesting blank. But it is a bit difficult to see.
Love how you managed to hang the Lego Bricks upside down and suspend the Board and the Pens.
A suggestion, with future postings please tell us what materials you have used, it helps educate us readers.
Congratulations, Keep up the good work.
I look forward to your next posting.
Brian.

clieb91

Welcome to the addiction... er hobby that is pen turning. Good first looking pieces. I too like the finish on the Lemon Wood. Look forward to seeing your future pens.

CtL

ironman123

For your firsts, those are great. As it has been said, enjoyment in what you do makes for .......well you know what I mean.....don't you. :biggrin:
Really that is a great start and accomplishment. There will be good pens and a few bad ones but the good will outweigh the bad ones. Enjoy.

Ray

Top Bottom