First Pen since getting back..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DennisM

DennisM

Ok setup the lathe finally in what will become my shop by the water... :) You will see in the pics why I call it that. This is my first pen on the lathe since I picked it up on thursday. Its a acrylic blank from WC and a Wall Street II kit. I completly forgot to paint the tube which kinda upsets me, cause this turned great! With the brass showing through I decided to put it on a 24k gold kit instead of the satin kit I had planned.

Finish is sanded up to 1500 then HUT ultragloss plastic polish.

Oh and and other pics? Might not be the best shop or the nicest on, but Man I bet my view is better!

Attachments

• DSC00210.jpg
    DSC00210.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC00208.jpg
    DSC00208.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00209.jpg
    DSC00209.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 203
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I really doubt I'd be able to make ANYTHING if I had a shop like that!!!! :eek:
Would you like to swap it for a complete house in Wales??:biggrin: Heck, I'll even chuck in the kids to sweeten the deal:biggrin:

DennisM

Thanks guys,

Skiprat, well I already have the kids, so gonna have to pass there. :)

Turnedaround, I am up on the chain, that is actually Fox Lake, looking West across it. The house sits on two lots, just over an acre, I am using what is called the brown house for the shop. All four sides are windows and there is a old OLD well in the middle, and a fireplace, that will be getting used come winter, as long as I can find a piece of tempered glass for one of the sides..

Oh turned another one, Ebony, OMG that is hard to finish! I have it on a gold kit for now, and is mine, until I decided to take it apart and return a blank for it...

Last edited:

Rollerbob

Dennis, glad to see back up and running. Heck who cares if you painted the tube or not. I would be looking over the lake with nothing on the lathe!!

DennisM

Thanks for the compliments.

I actually set the lathe up on the opposite side of the shop so my back is facing the water. TO MANY distractions if I was looking out at the water... :)

Top Bottom