Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BDKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDKS

2008120231555_100_0614.jpg

2008120231645_100_0617.jpg

2008120231721_100_0620.jpg

Here is my first pen, Rosewood with 3 coats of CA finish followed by 3 coats shellwax from Penn State.

I can see the benefit to larger pens reducing amount of material to be removed. I do not care for the center band. I figured a cheap kit would not break the bank starting out. The addiction has started... When is the weekly meeting again :D

Bobby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Weekly meeting? I attend daily.[:D] Nice job on the first! Make sure you hang onto it so you can look back at it and see how far you progress.

karlkuehn

Banned
Hey Bobby, welcome! *shakes hand* Weekly meeting?! Come on, slacker! Next door down for the daily stuff, and some of us never leave - Ed, Cav, meet Bobby. *handshakes and sheepish looks from the everlurkers*.

C'mon Bob man, everybody's doing it! (a little pen nerd peer pressure - gotta love that fresh meat!) You gotta 'do the daily'!

Seriously, though, great looking first pen, I love working with Rosewood, is that Honduran? My favorite, by the way, great stuff. [:D]

And you went with the CA finish right off the bat! Love the moxie, man! No PPP for you, just straight to the big dog finishes! hehe

I echo Bruce's sentiment, hang on to it! That pen will give you great joy in the future, I gave mine away, and I'm sorry I did, because I can't remember who I gave it to. Oh yeah, get used to giving pens away, too. Pretty soon everyone you know will see you coming and think, "Oh man, here he comes, I hope he doesn't talk about pens again. If he gives me another pen, I'll kill him..." Okay, so it's not that bad, but it gets close. heh

Nice photography, too. I encourage you to look around the 'photography' forum here for tips and pointers. Based on those pictures, pretty soon you'll be posting stuff that looks like it belongs in a Waterford catalog. These guys have helped me a ton with my photos, not to mention the pens that go in them! (on a sidenote, you may wanna steer clear of those two guys I introduced you to earlier...they've got pretty good people skills *snorts*, but...well, one of 'em's a dentist, 'nuff said, and the other...phooooo...listen, just do a search on 'mug', and you'll get the picture. *shudders* He slapped my wife once, you know...[}:)]

Anyways, if you have any questions, just post 'em, and someone will take care of you!

*waves* [:D]

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by simomatra
Karl I though you were a little quite but I see you are well again[:D][:D][:p]

Aye, Sam I am, I've been a busy bunny, trying to keep up with all the underpaying pen orders, the group buy I volunteered to host, and you know, just the whole life thing...

But I'm back in action! Nice to know that someone knows me well enough to know to see when I'm under the gun! hehe

Hey Sam, this Bobby guy, he did good though, huh? I think he's gonna wind up being a mover and a shaker! [:D]

BDKS

Originally posted by karlkuehn
Seriously, though, great looking first pen, I love working with Rosewood, is that Honduran? My favorite, by the way, great stuff. [:D]

And you went with the CA finish right off the bat! Love the moxie, man! No PPP for you, just straight to the big dog finishes! hehe

[:D]

I am not sure where the rosewood is from. It is not a species I am familiar with. It was part of a starter set. I have read the forum for about a year including the library articles at least twice. The CA works well for the group, so it seemed like a good one to start with.

Thanks to everyone for the many questions answered getting everything going.

I am already getting a request for a cast loofah. More tools [}:)]

Bobby

toolcrazy

Hello, My name is Steve. I am a pen turning addict.

Oh, and the is a nice pen. Same one I turned for my first. Probably the same starter kit.

rhahnfl

CA on your first pen? Way to go. Looks like your are off to a very good start. Do save it to look back on. You'll be cranking out some real beauts in no time... not that you first is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom