First Pen Post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rolltide4469

rolltide4469

So I have been on here a while watching and learning. So thanks to everyone who has taken the time to answer my questions. I am sure there will be many more. :) I made this one as a gift for my cousin's graduation. I need a better camera so the pics are not that great.

Please tell me what you think and where I can improve.

Thanks

Oh and its a Grad blank from Exotics and a Triton Rollerball from Beartooth.

Attachments

• Grad.JPG
    Grad.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Grad2.JPG
    Grad2.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Grad3.JPG
    Grad3.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 193
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Looks pretty good - especially if you haven't been turning very long :)

It's hard to give you any "suggestions" or comments that would assist you in improvement as the photo doesn't allow me to enlarge to a point where I can tell how the fit is with the kit. Finish isn't really easy to see, but I would assume you didn't need to use one on that - other than buffing and perhaps some polish and it seems to shine nice enough!

I'm thinking the "GRAD" will love it and cherish it for a long time to come and her college classmates will likely be quite jealous........

MartinPens

Great job on the pen. Photos are a little more challenging with a black background. If you choose black you will want a lot more light - but not spot type lighting. Try taking your shots out in daylight. Find a location with indirect light and if you have a point and shoot camera - make sure you're not too close or that it has a close-up funtion. You can crop your "in focus" picture afterwards.

Keep turning and learning!

Martin

wiset1

Great looking turn from what I can see. Jeff's blanks always result in stunning pens.

Also, I see the Avatar...were you a 461 or a 2W0? I was Ammo in the AF for 9 years active and 4 Reserve before jumping into the Green. IYAAYAS!

rolltide4469

Great looking turn from what I can see. Jeff's blanks always result in stunning pens.

Also, I see the Avatar...were you a 461 or a 2W0? I was Ammo in the AF for 9 years active and 4 Reserve before jumping into the Green. IYAAYAS!

Thanks for the comments.......and the 461 was a little before my time :) 2W0 and still going strong.

Top Bottom