First Pen Pictures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cal91666

cal91666

I have been admiring all the great pens that are presented here for a few months and must say there are some talented people here. I have only been turning for about 5 months and have learned a great deal from the membership here. Thank you. This is not a picture of my first pen made but is the first one I've shared here. The pictures are crappy I know. I am working on something better for pictures.

:beer:

Spalted Maple on a WC Navigator kit. CA finish.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 195
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cal91666

Thank you edicehouse. I actually went to my first meeting of the Richmond Penturners this past Thursday. Great group of people!!

SteveG

Hey Chris…your work on that pen shows you have been a great "study", and gained a lot from the resident knowledge based here at IAP. Very nice looking pen, and the finish is quite nice. Keep up the great work and progress. Are you having fun yet?
Steve

BSea

That's a very nice pen. And the pictures are pretty good too. About the only suggestion I'd make is to get a different background. You can get a piece of grey foam board from Michael's that works great. It really helps with white balance, and unless you have a grey pen, it should be a nice contrast the whatever pen you put on it.

Keep up the good work.

cal91666

Hey Chris…your work on that pen shows you have been a great "study", and gained a lot from the resident knowledge based here at IAP. Very nice looking pen, and the finish is quite nice. Keep up the great work and progress. Are you having fun yet?
Steve

Steve, I'm having a blast!!! This has got to be the most relaxing hobby I've ever done. Thanks.

Top Bottom