First pen pics,two gifts,Finally got the CA right.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LandfillLumber

Hello, first a big thanks to marcruby for the good conversation over a couple bites to eat,and a giant thank you for the great advice on doing CA finish.I was unable to do CA until he healped me with some good direction,this is what I love about the IAP.These are two gifts one a segmented walnut and then just a nice piece of curly maple.I'm not happy with the way the blanks stands proud of the hardware by a tiny amount(you can see it in the walnut pen most of all)this is due to my between center bushings being the a little bigger then the kit hardware.Please share your thought good or bad,you can't hurt my feelings.Thanks everyone for everything.Victor
IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rdunn12

Well,it is about time you posted a pen or two.:biggrin: Great work on those man.The Walnut is my favorite.Your finish looks good as well.

I forgot to mention rdunn12 he is the one who first started to teach me the CA finish,I just took two people to get the info. into my thick skull.
I got the kits in a group buy from the IAP, I love the kits but had the enamel come out of one of the tiny red diamonds(not happy at all with that).
Now If I could just take a good photo,LOL.
How you been Ronald?Have a great holidays,I hope everyone one is healthy and happy.Talk to you soon.Thank everyone for the kind words.Victor

woody350ep

Those kits look like Tapa Pacifica from Woodpenpro. One looks like a regular one, and the other looks like a Poker Pen. He has several different varieties of them. They both look good to me, and doesn't it just feel GREAT when you get that finish down?

bitshird

Nice work Victor, I also favor the walnut segmented pen the best, I just made some between center bushings just for sanding and CA, I made them from Delrin and while the tub fits so snug it's hard to get them to keep from pushing out from trapped air, but the shoulder part of the bushings are .010 undersize of the kit hardware, but I use calipers, did a set for Elegant beauty's and a set for Jr. Emperors, makes sanding and CA application easy.

rherrell

Great job Victor!! Try using the bushings just for getting CLOSE. When you get close, remove the bushings and put the blank between centers for the sanding. Use your calipers from then on. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

SherryD

Great work there. I agree with you whole heartedly on the IAp members getting together and sharing to help others. I have been helped alot this year by other IAP members. Their help in bulk purchases, ideas, techniques and critiques..just plain sharing and caring about others. Thanks to those that share their pictures as well like you have done here.

FloridaDon

Victor,

Yep, they look real nice and the recipients should be real glad to get them.

You know you will now have to teach me your segmenting tricks when I see you in April.
Don't worry, I won't forget to bring some Camphor. :)

The Walnut I got from you is really great stuff. I made a Peppermill and sold it before I could even get a picture.

Happy New Year to All.

Florida Don

Top Bottom