first pen photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

When I first got interested in pen turning, I read everything I could find on the subject on the internet. When I found this site I was amazed at the calibur of pens being shown and also found a treasure trove with all the information I could use. Unlike most newbies, the first pen I turned was a Euro from woodcraft in bloodwood also bought from there. That was almost 2 years ago. Today I was rooting around the garage looking for a piece of Texas mahogony and saw the first pen I ever made. It made me wonder if anyone else still had the first pen they made and if we could start a string to show how far all of us have come. So here it is, MY FIRST PEN!

200842101934_veryfirstpen1.jpg

200842102123_veryfirstpen2.jpg

Ok, I've showed you mine. Lets see ya'alls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
This is the first one that I ever took a picture of, I think it's about my sixth pen, and was my first stab at getting away from turning bushing to bushing. The first five I made all found new homes with family and friends before I ever thought to take pictures

Great picture, huh? Gah! hehe...brings back memories, great thread!

Kingwood1_2.jpg

redfishsc

Hopefully one of our mighty men or women over in Iraq/Afghanistan has the first pen I ever made.

It was they day Woodcraft turns pens to send overseas, I think it was Memorial or Veteran's day, I can't remember. Done out of walnut, but man was it fun. Got me hooked (which is the REAL reason they do that anyhow, at least our servicemen get a nice pen and a handwritten encouragement!)

bitshird

albums%5Cbitshird%5Ctn%5Ctn_First-Pen.jpg

I've still got it, and I still use it, when ever a ballpoint is required,or when one of the students needs to borrow a pen.
Most of the time I use my Purple Heart El Grande FP. still needs one of Lou's nibs, but it'll get there,

El-Grande-PH-RB1.jpg

Plus there's about 140 in between but this is my favorite:):):)

altaciii

No need to be embarressed about it. I just wnted to start the string so that we could see hw far each of us has come.
I'm sure we've all been there, and I'm sure most won't show um for the same reason.

bitshird

I had an unfair advantage, I teach Machine Tool Technology, and work with students showing them how to get tolerances down to + or - .005 to begin with and by the end down to .0002, but it was quite a bit different turning down a piece of cedar than a piece of cold rolled steel, on an OLD Clausing 13 in metal lathe.[}:)][8][}:)][8][}:)][8]

Top Bottom