Is first pen photo de rigueur?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurtleTom

TurtleTom

It was my first pen, a slimline, 2 days ago. I'm mostly showing it to learn how to post photos. The photo was a little hurried as I had to hurry to the restaurant to give it away to my favorite waitress.
The wood is red oak and ebonized red oak.

Attachments

• Pen for Iap.jpg
    Pen for Iap.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Used apple cider vinegar and some steel wool?

Looks very very nice ... should have entered some of the SE contests!

TurtleTom

Used apple cider vinegar and some steel wool?

Looks very very nice ... should have entered some of the SE contests!

I used vinegar (h2o will work) in a peanut butter jar full of old rusty 16p nails. I recently watched Al Furtado use steel wool and vinegar on something he was turning. It doesn't get dark enough for me that way. I soak it overnight then dry in a toaster oven. It does get iffy, I've ruined more than made it. I try to turn off some of the black to get some grain patterns. Like I said, it gets real iffy.
There wasn't enough modifications to enter contests, or is that a joke?

Last edited:

Skie_M

Need no modifications for Turner's Challenge or Ballpoint Pen Challenge... in fact, modifications would disqualify you.

Skie_M

Problem is, all the contests require that you have never shown the pen before anywhere... So, it's too late for that one, but you have 3 more days to turn another! :)

Skie_M

And yet there are beginner competitions, blank species guessing competitions, under 14 years old competitions, ect ...

Plenty of stuff to get new and old members runnin for the hills, looking for the next great sensation .... but if you've got time to post, you've got time to turn! =D

Top Bottom