First pen photo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from epossum

Status
Not open for further replies.

epossum

I couldn't resist the opportunity to share a picture of some of my work. Nothing fancy, but I think it looks pretty good and is going to be irresistable for a lover of fine pens.

The hardware is my first purchase of a somewhat better quality kit. I got it from Woodcraft. It's their Wall Street II line. I got two of each of the four available finishes, all shown here. The wood is four different species/kinds: Big Leaf Maple burl, Spalted Red Elm, Red Flame Box Elder, and Black Walnut, all from a very good seller on eBay (if anyone is interested I'll share his user ID).

20072922421_DSCF1492M%20.jpg

This is the big Leaf Maple Burl. I'll be working on getting some better photos in the future. These were quick shots to keep in my archive. I gave away one of the pens the day after I took the photos to a coworker who retired with around 30 years or more of service. He was surprised and absolutely thrilled to receive the pen as a personal gift from me. It's times like those that make it all worthwhile.
20072923730_DSCF1496M.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

epossum

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. I have to say that some of the pen photos I've seen here are very inspiring. Absolutely beautiful!

I haven't been around here long enough to have a clue about supplier AS. Please let me know more about them, via email would be just fine if off-topic stuff isn't appropropriate here.

Also many thanks to Glenn for the photography tip. I know I should spend more time on photos but I've been too busy since before Christmas to take the time. I have the right equipment, just need to perfect technique. I'll check out the pen photography forum for more tips.

Must run, I have a few pens to turn this morning!

GBusardo

Pop, AS is Arizona Silhouette. the link to their web site is on the home page, halfway down on the right. Excellent choice in suppliers. Nice collection of pens ya got there. [:)]

reef12

Sweet job on all I must say.

Yes Sierras.

Wonder why they are called different at different dealers all come from Berea?

Just as the Baron is a navigator at woodcraft.

Tanner

Nice job Pop, very classy pen choice. AS does an excellent job in many areas, dyed boxelder burls and other woods, snakeskins, bottle stoppers, best Norseman bits, video's from BB and Ed Davidson (YoYoSpin), Great prices on pen kits, etc. etc. etc. They also get the stuff to you real fast. I met BB at a show in Arizona this past weekend and wow what a nice guy.

epossum

Many thanks to all! I just received some goodies from AS. Most excellent quality and selection. Very good prices too. I sure wish I'd known about AS months ago. I could have had a lot more hardware than I got buying at other suppliers.
Sorry to be slack on posting but we just sold our house, are packing, dealing with all the other stuff that goes with moving. We're getting out of VA (taxes skyrocketing) and moving to Camden County, NC. Kind of in the Dismal Swamp and definitely in the country. Couldn't go too far away because of our grandkids. Once all this is over around mid-summer I expect I can devote more time to the things I love to do. Better yet, I'm retiring this Fall and should have even more time for the things that I want to do. Thanks again to all and will post when I can. 'Pop'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom