First Pen with Multiple Woods....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Leviblue

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I was inspired by some of the pens I've seen and figured I can do that. So off to the garage shop I went. Found a few pieces of wood and started up the saws... dust collection....doned the respirator and then I got the start working. It's always the enjoyable things that will kill ya'. :cool:

So anyway, this is my version a maple and cocobola wood on a Mesa/ Wall Street II kit. The finish is CA sanded with micro mesh and final polish with Novus. This was fun and I'm working on a similar design for a cigar pen.

Thanks for looking and providing feedback.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

islandturner

The photo is a wee bit dark on my monitor to make out detail -- the light material almost looks like antler rather than maple. But I can see that you've done an excellent job. The joinery seems to be tight & true, both at the segments and pen hardware. The finish is outstanding. The segmenting definately gives it some character... The choice of materials and finish suit the hardware. Really a nice pen.... Tks, Steve

Last edited:

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for the feedback and supportive comments. I'm working on a similar blank for a cigar style pen. The maple turns very nice, but the ebony is definitely more dense. Hang on to the tool when you hit that stuff!

Top Bottom