First Pen.... I think I'm hooked

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from constamj

constamj

I just wanted to show my first pen work. It has been over 20 years since I have used a lathe, but i found a great deal on a lathe and thought this would be fun and practical. The great part is getting a sense of accomplishment in a short period of time.

Any suggestions are welcome.

2008220155841_Blue%20Pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

That's a beautiful pen! Isn't it great to look at something like that and say "Holy crap, I made thatâ€! You're well on your way to making many more beautiful pens!

GoodTurns

Originally posted by laurie sullivan

your in trouble now. make the other half take all credit cards and cash from you now. great looking pen by the way.

Laurie

and your Paypal ID, and the change in the sofa, and the cash in the ashtray of the car...... mostly beware the words "GROUP BUY!"

Very nice pen!;)

constamj

Thank you for the warnings. Hopefully my wife won't read this. Woodworkers are an ingenious group of people, they can find the most creative ways to solve problems including hiding the new tools from the wife.:D

toolcrazy

Hide tools? We don't hide tools. We just don't tell them we bought them. Now wood we hide. So, we don't hear, "You bought more wood? Don't you have enough already?" :D

Very nice pen. It is finaly warming up here. I now can start making stuff again.

Hey, Michael, that pen looks like the quality first attempt we fellow Virginians</u> have to come to expect from one another. Great touch, and that's an interesting kit you chose for your first effort, too.

Originally posted by GoodTurns

...... mostly beware the words "GROUP BUY!"

Prophetic words from Brother Jon. It's looking like we'll be having another Woodcraft group buy next month, so start pushing the sofa cushions aside and collecting the loose change on a daily basis.

As a matter of fact, this group buy will not be for the faint of heart, so you'd be well-advised to invite your friends over for an all-night session of musical sofa cushions. Tell them to wear their loose-fitting breeches and to fill their pockets with change. If they ask why, you can say you read somewhere that it's a foolproof, game-winning strategy. (You read it here and you're the winner - but don't tell them that part.:D)

constamj

Proud Poppa,

That is a great idea. I will give that a try. I should tell them to wear suspenders so they can carry more change. The reclining couches should speed up the process.

MikePittman

Ut oh... he's got a lathe... turned a fantastic looking pen... now he's hopelessly addicted like the rest of us! Hello, my name is Mike... and I'm addicted to pens.

Top Bottom