first pen ever 13 years old

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cody Winters

Cody Winters

If you gave me some pen stuff well here is the stuff in use. Slimline padauk with gold. Had so much fun turning it.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

Cody: Thats a nice looking pen! A great first effort. I really like padauk myself because it looks so beautiful when finished. I hope this gets you excited about doing even more.

Thanks for showing us your first one. Be sure and keep it so you can see how you get better at pen making over time. My first pen sits right next to my computer so I use it often.

seamus7227

Very well done Cody! I was so excited when i made my first pen that someone offered to buy it from me and i sold it right then. A year later, I convinced that same customer to let me make them a new pen of their likings in trade for my first pen back. Boy did i get lucky, wheeeeww!

Haynie

Word of advice

Good job. I have never made slim because of the tenon involved.

Keep the first pen. After you get a few pens under your belt go back and look at it. You will see everything you did wrong, what you should have have done, and most importantly how much you have improved.

You should also keep your first pen because out of all the other pens you make, this will be the one that gave you the biggest sense of accomplishment.

Sully

Great job Cody:RockOn:! I also agree for you to keep this pen. My wife wanted me to save my first one and I'm glad she did. It's kept in a clear tube pen holder. Keep up the great turning.

Sully

Top Bottom