First pen done totally w/ skew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So I was looking for something to turn yesterday. I went through the few blanks I have and saw this Anigre (anna-grey). I wasn't sure how it would turn out looking since it seemed pretty plain. However once I started the CA finish I thought it was looking pretty nice. I did dry sanding up to 600 and then did Thin CA and Med CA. I then did Wet MM all the way up. Also this was my first turning I did with using nothing but the skew. I am probably going to send this pen to my grandmother.

153944-438x.jpg
153943-438x.jpg
153942-438x.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Todd, That is a beautiful pen !! Great use of the skew. I hardly ever used the skew (bad experiences) until I saw Ed's video on it. Your grandmother will love it!

Last edited:

ToddMR

Todd, I like it! Did you use the skew on the rings, too?

Ok I didn't use the skew on the rings lol. Used a parting tool. But everything else was skew. I like the pointed tip of the parting tool to make rings. hehehe. Thanks for all the good comments.

aggromere

Very nice looking pen. I personally like the lighter colored wood, particularly with dark accents as you have done. My skew is my favorite tool. Now that I use it all the time, I can't believe how much trouble I had learning how to use it right.

Top Bottom