First Pen in 6 years

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cole Roberts

Cole Roberts

Well this is my first every acrylic pen and first time going mandreless, I used the white crushed pearl one from penn stated. It is also my first pen since freshman year of highschool, since then I have done a 1100 piece lamp and a 350 piece vase on the lathe. I finally got around to purchasing a mini lathe and bought some mandreless supplies from John. The picture is what I can do with what I have around and it was finished with 220-2000 W/D paper and PlastX. Even though I didn't think about the tube showing through the thin layer of acrylic, it actually makes the pen look warmer. Comments/Critiques are welcome, I hope to do at least one more before finals at OU start.
Picture is up.

Attachments

• CRUSHED PEARLresized.JPG
    CRUSHED PEARLresized.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

The finish is crystal clear and the sanding line are invisable.

Now that you have a picture up, nice pen. BTW when you say finals at OU are you referring to the Sooners or the Buckeyes?

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great looking pen and it shows you haven't forgot how to make one.

Since the above is your first post, I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish to pens to tools to methods etc. It is not in detail or comprehensive but a good overview of pen turning. You already know much/most of the information (and probably all of it) but I did want to include it as I do to new members and users on this forum. Maybe it can offer something new.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Top Bottom